Earned media – that great story, article or special feature about your company, product, venture or mission – has great value. Unlike owned media (an ad, for example), it’s earned through PR and great story telling. According to recent research, here are 8 reasons it’s way cool:
· Earned media is 80% more effective than branded content in influencing consumers who are considering a purchase.
· Earned media can positively affect search engine results.
· People trust independent media.
· Earned media is critical to maximize consumption of your message and grow your business.
· The ability to earn media is an important success metric for any brand.
· Mentions of a brand outside of a company’s owned media or paid media program play a huge role in success.
· News releases are an effective way to reach influencers, consumers, investors, analysts and prospective customers.
· In a changing media landscape, PR is critical in influencing audiences and shaping public opinion and behavior.
If you’d like some help with PR and media relations campaigns to successfully earn media coverage, contact us.
Sign up for our newsletter for more helpful and fun stuff.
In the meantime, here’s a PR Newswire resource that outlines five keys to crafting press releases that drive earned media.
~ Tracy L. Teuscher, APR